Saturday, December 6, 2008

My family thinks I'm dead.

The fact that I know this for certain makes me a horrible person.
I had 10 unheard voicemails today.





Something went very wrong with my bike chain and gears when I was getting out of work the other night at 3 a.m. I had to walk it home in the cold in an unsafe neighborhood by myself.

I was told I'd be terminated from my job if I were to switch to only day shifts, despite that my safety is at risk. Switching to day shifts, to my surprise, is "absolutely not allowed" and that "that's not why we brought you here". I have a broken bike, there are several inches of snow on the ground, and no car. Cab fares will be a bitch in the long run, and that's not money that we have to spare. The job search just got much more interesting. And urgent.

No comments: